Sunday, January 22, 2012

Substance

Meaning. I want my life and my work to have meaning. I do. Sometimes the only path to living a meaningful life is to well.."follow your heart" as much as a hate using that cliche, it's true. Because that phrase to me means making decisions that express the very core of who you are, what you want to change, how you express what and who you love. Self expression is a part of a life of meaning.
    I'm not going to lie my crazy cakes brain intensely craves awards, notoriety, milestones, and accomplishments with my forms of self expression. You might respect or admire that or you might want to tell me to change focus. Either way it is just a part of who I am to have these desires but I never want to get so goal oriented or commercial that I forget the catharsis, the meaning, the strange exhilaration and beautiful frustration of attempting to explain feelings, concepts and stories through my chosen outlets of self expression.


"Confident Trepidation"



               So I guess I just say all of this to say: let's create meaning..in whatever our outlet or medium, no matter the outcome.. Don't waste that pen stroke or image or story or melody or business plan. It doesn't always matter what happens to your creations...but it does matter and it is meaningful that you create.

"Feel"
                  Every single one of us can do things that no one else can do - can love things that no one else can love. We are like violins. We can be used for doorstops, or we can make music. You know what to do.
-Barbara Sher

1 comment: